Feeling peckish? In need of a speedy and delicious lunch or starter? We, like you, don't have pots of spare time and whilst we love to be in the kitchen, we also love to keep our recipes simple. This one is simple. admittedly, but also stunning and will make a real impact with your guests - just ensure you visit the deli for the best ingredients (and spooonable gorgonzola!). The quality of your ingredients really will make a huge difference.
Let us know how you get on!
100ml Acacia Honey
4 slices Parma Ham
4 Cloves Garlic
150g sliced Kalamata Olives (natural - not dyed)
Small handful Fresh Basil
1 Sourdough Loaf
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Crush the garlic into a bowl and add the butter. Mix with a fork to create a delicious homemade garlic butter.
- Generously cut four slices of sourdough and either pop into the toaster or warm in the oven for 2 minutes.
- When the sourdough slices are nice and hot, spread liberally with the garlic butter and place into the oven for a further 2 minutes to melt the butter.
- Take each slice of bread and add a slice of ham and equal helpings of the gorgeous gorgonzola and olives.
- Grind over some salt and pepper.
- Liberally drizzle the Acacia honey over each slice.
- Top off with fresh basil - either torn or whole leaves, as you prefer.
Enjoy with either a Sangiovese, Prosecco, a Bordeaux … or all three to create a summits pairing.